May 22, 2022 – Gary Rohrmayer
Message Big Idea – God’s Word speaks to me, strengthens me, directs me, and reveals God to me. When the Psalmist considers the truths of God’s Word, he stands in awe of their beauty, balance, wisdom, and sheer truthfulness. There is nothing with which to compare it! Not everybody recognizes truth, and so they are not impressed with what God has given us. But the Spirit-filled person sees the truthfulness of God’s Word standing out in the midst of a million other things that compete for our attention and focus.
- Take some time and share with each other: What are you grateful for today? What are you struggling with today?
- Describe a time when you felt close/connected with God? What was the setting? What helped you feel connected? What was the result or fruit?
- Read Psalm 119:129-136 (Read twice – ESV and either NLT or Message)
- Go around the group and briefly retell the passage in your own words.
- What word or phrase “jumped off the page” and intrigued you the most? Why?
- What are some common misunderstandings about the bible in our culture?
- How were you introduced to God’s Word? What were your initial thoughts about the bible?
- Read the following quote: “The more you read the Bible; and the more you meditate on it, the more you will be astonished with it.” ~Charles Spurgeon
- How true is that statement in your life? How satisfied are you presently with your level of reading God’s word and meditating on it?
- When have you felt God’s presence, strength, wisdom, direction from God’s Word? Share with your group.
- How can you grow in your love for God’s word this week?
Live It Out:
- What is one thing God seems to be asking you to do in response to this passage? (i.e. “I will ….”)
- Who can you tell about this “I will” statement in the next 48 hours?
- Journal about your time in God’s Word this week. Stop to listen to what He might be telling you. Celebrate His presence through His Word!