“BIO” comes from the original Greek word, “bios” which is synonymous with “life”. For the duration of this message series, Touch of Heaven, we will use those three letters as guideposts in our spiritual practice of the week.
B = “Before God” Meet with Him personally through prayer and His word to enjoy His presence, receive His direction, and follow His will.
I = “In Community” Connect in safe relationships that provide love, support transparency, challenge, and accountability.
O = “On Mission” Cultivate a mindset to live out Jesus’ love for others through service at home, work, neighborhood, and church.
Get a journal or notepad out and get ready for a fruitful connection time with God. Listen. Watch. Pray. Ask. Seek. Soak. Write down your thoughts and prayers:
B = “Before God
- Read Romans 12:1-2. The “father of lies” keeps us focused on a world system that he’s behind. In what ways does the world system distract us from thinking about heaven?
- Read Colossians 3:1-4 slowly. The Apostle Paul commands us to set our hearts and minds on things above. Why do you think he ties this command to Christ being raised and seated at the right hand of God?
- In Colossians 3:3, Paul states that our “life is now hidden in Christ.” Spend some time searching scripture for the phrase “in Christ” – what doers this say about
your identity “in Christ”? How does this affect your daily life?
I = “In Community”
- What are some practical ways that we could help one another to be more “Heavenly Minded”?
- Have a conversation with someone (spouse, friend, small group member, etc.) on what it means to “set your heart on things above, not on earthly things.” What would that look like?
O = “On Mission”
- How might a clear view of Heaven help us to be “On Mission for God”?
- Spend a few moments right now praying for someone in your life circle that does not currently know Jesus (friend, neighbor, family member, workmate). Ask God to give you an opportunity to share some part of God’s story in your life with them. Watch God work!