August 29, 2021 – Pastor Mark Albrecht
Message Big Idea – There is a deep fellowship that we are meant to experience when being part of the church. It is a fellowship that resembles family in many ways. As this fellowship becomes our experience we will see the Holy Spirit ignite growth, relational depth and prayer in our lives.
DIG DEEPER >>
Reflect on the following sequence of questions. If you are doing this with others, share your responses with them.
LEAN IN >> Think about it.
- Do you enjoy meeting new people? Why?
- Do you prefer large crowds or small intimate groups? Have you always been this way?
LOOK DOWN >> Read the following passages and discuss or reflect on the the corresponding questions:
- Read Acts 2:42-47 (Read twice – ESV and either NLT or Message)
- Briefly retell the passage in your own words.
- What word or phrase “jumped off the page” and intrigued you the most?
LOOK OUT >> Connect the world of the Bible to our culture.
- Name some of the strongest communities people belong to in our culture?
- What characteristics does the world say need to be present for strong communities to exist? Are they similar or different to the church?
LOOK IN >> Go straight to the heart of the matter.
- What fruits of the Spirit must you allow to grow for there to be a deep sense of togetherness in your current communities?
- Describe the last time prayer created or strengthened a relationship in your life.
LIVE IT OUT >> Put it into action.
- Identify 3 people God has as a part of your church community right now. Set a reminder in your phone to pray for them specifically over the next week.
- Send a text of encouragement or a short prayer to each of your three people this week.
- Introduce yourself to one new person or family at the next church service you attend.