This Christmas we are partnering with Real Hope Church and Mexico Caravan Ministries to bring hope to orphans in Tijuana and Refugees in Chicagoland!
Backpack Pick Up: at the NorthBridge Christmas Market on November 11 and 18
Backpack Drop Off: in the Auditorium on November 18 and 25
On Sunday, November 25, the JR High students will be packing the boxes during their Sunday morning gathering and the SR High students will pack at their Sunday evening gathering.
Contact Lance Corley for more information.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 224-259-2129
Suggested packing list including specific examples listed below (download packing list here)
You don’t not have to buy everything: But everything has to fit in the backpack! Suggestion pick one item from each category!
- Girl- 2-5 years
- Boy 2-5 years
- Girl 6-10 years
- Boy 6-10 years
1. A Personal Note to the child and a photo of yourself, your family, or group.
2. Care items
- Hairbrush or Toothbrush
- Bar soap (packaged and/or in a container)
- Non-liquid lip balm
3. School supplies
- Small manual pencil sharpener
- Colored pencils, crayons, markers
- Pencil case
- Small Notebooks
- 4. Clothing/Accessories
- Flip flops or Socks
- Hair bows
- Friendship bracelets (woven with yarn or embroidery thread)
5. Crafts and Activities
- Coloring books or Watercolor set
- Stickers or chalk
- Skipping rope/Jump rope
- DIY craft items or kit.
- Foam ball
- Kickball (deflated)
- Plastic toys and toy figures
- Yo Yo, Small Frisbee, or Small Kite
- Etch A Sketch
7. Hard Candy
8. A “WOW” item (Christmas gift – but it has to fit in the backpack!)
- A soccer ball (deflated)
- Small musical instruments (think harmonica)
- A doll
- A stuffed animal